Pages

Labels

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Strawberry Mint Mojito



One of the more interesting things about my family is that we are strawberry farmers. So this past weekend, I made the effort to pick some strawberries and make something delicious with it. Last night, I made some drinks for us with the freshly-picked strawberries. I also went to the park and picked some mint; and thus the strawberry mint mojito was born. I've made a few changes to the drink since last night, so I'll update the blog as soon as I make another drink.
 



Strawberry Mint Mojito

1 1/2 tablespoons mint-infused simple syrup

3 large strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
5 fresh mint leaves, more for garnish
1.5 ounces (3 tablespoons) white rum
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup club soda


In a small bowl or glass, muddle the simple syrup, strawberries, and fresh mint leaves until just fragrant.
Add a handful of ice to an old-fashioned glass.
Pour the strawberry mixture over the ice.
Pour in the white rum and lime juice.
Add the club soda. Gently stir the drink.
Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve immediately.

Mint-infused simple syrup
1 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves

Combine all ingredients in a cup and microwave.
Let cool, and strain the mint leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment