Pages

Labels

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Looks for the Lake

Yesterday, in attempt to beat the baking weather, we spent almost the entire day lake-side. The cooling breeze almost called for sweaters, especially with what we decided to wear.

Outfit #1

This outfit, especially because of its print, is very tropical and fitting for any day out near water. The fabric is very thin, light, and being cotton, very breathable. I initially wore the full length skirt as a sun dress by leaving the top button undone and cinching it at the waist with a thin leather belt. I paired this with a short denim jacket to make sure my shoulders and arms do not burn, for the short while before I jumped into the water. My sandals are very shiny, but not too flashy, which I love because I can always spot them from a mile away.


Price breakdown:
Sag Harbor floral print skirt: $2.50
Old Navy denim jacket: $15.00
Ralph Lauren silver sandals: $5.00
Belt: $0.50

Total: $23.00






Outfit #2

Shorts become a staple for summer, and these short are becoming my default short this summer. I've been searching for shorts are aren't too short nor too long, and these fit the bill just right. This beautiful satin and lace top is sexy and cool, I honestly feel guilty when I wear it sometimes. The overall material is very thin and light and although satin is not the most breathable, the lace panels does allow lots of cool air to breeze on in. And then there are my shoes. I love, love, love these shoes. They fall in between shorts and socks (on my love-o-meter, because I also love, love socks that keeps my feet warm and soft). I got these tax-free from a trip to Oregon and are the only sandal I wear.

Price breakdown:
H&M satin and lace panel top: $5.00
US Polo denim shorts: $8.00
Bass sandals: $30.00

Total: $43.00

Happy Summer and have fun dressing up to warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment