Pages

Labels

Friday, June 8, 2012

Another Day at Home = Another Day on the Farm


Today was a really hot day so I decided to wear something that would not suffocate me in heat, would shade me from those rays of sun and is still very comfortable. Here is what I came up with: a very thin and light denim romper, an almost sheer and very light button-up blouse, a very wide rim straw hat, flat, and sunglasses. There was a lot of running after my kid brother to make sure he didn't go picking up every chicken he could chase down, so I had to make sure I could still be fairly active.

The two-toned romper was a very good canvas for a print so a very floral blouse just jumped out at me. All these pieces were bought at a thrift store, save the ballet flats, which my sisters got at Target online. The beautiful purse was a very considerate gift from one of my sister's friend and was a great storage place for the many Otter-pops we had today.



Price breakdown
Denim romper: $3.50
Mossimo Supply floral blouse with pearl buttons:
Egyptian leather purse: free (gift from a friend who studied in Egypt for a short time)
Straw hat: free (a farming hat borrowed from my mom)
Sunglasses: $0.99
Necklace: $3.50
Mossimo Supply ballet flat in olive: $2.50

Total: $10.49

There's a lot of family love that goes into our blog, so it's only fitting that our brother and his sense of fashion be included as well. He's a farmer's son through and though, and he makes sure we never forget his collection of plaid shirts or his love for animals. He gets most of his exercise from chasing chickens and running water to the parents as they work on their crops.
Just me and my farmer's tan.


The best accessories on a hot day is always an Otter pop (always in the cool blue Power Ranger color), sunglasses, and your favorite chicken.

Pice breakdown
--flannel shirt: $3.50
--beige cargo pants: $5.00
Crocs in lime:$5.00
--sunglasses: free (I borrowed this from my very fashion-forward sister)

Total: $13.50

No comments:

Post a Comment