Pages

Labels

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Granola Bars


Happy Fourth of July!!!

Today, very bright and early, the man-friend (because we're too old to call them boys, and they're too old to be called boys, though they act like boys most of the time) decided he will escape any prep work for our fourth of July celebrations, and go biking. Being the wonderful person that I am, I decided to make him some granola bars  for him to make sure he does not keel over during his 50 mile ride.



Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars

1 cup oats
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp honey (I used the ginger syrup I had left from my candied ginger)
4 tbsp corn syrup
1 egg white
1/2 cup raisins
3 tbsp chopped almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. 
2. Mix wet ingredients together in one bowl. Mix dry ingredients together in another bowl.
3. Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until evenly distributed. The granola should stick together but no liquid should pool at the bottom (if there is excess liquid, add another tablespoon of oats and stir again).
4. Pour the granola out into a small baking pan lined with parchment paper and mold it into the shape you want
5. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until granola is lightly browned on top and no longer feels wet.
6. Allow to cool, and cut into bars.




Price breakdown:
Free!

I actually had all these ingredients in my pantry. And if you're reading the rest of my recipe posts and find that most of the prices are free, it's because I modify recipes to fit whatever ingredients I have on hand. I also just try to make things with what I have already. I wouldn't have made granola bars if I did not have oats or raisins. I would've substituted more ginger syrup in place of corn syrup, but for some reason I had corn syrup (oh, I made sneakers once). 

No comments:

Post a Comment